Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mr. Dent, Your Story Part II

You are here: Home » Mr. Dent, Your Story Part II


July 31st, 2012

M.C. wants to remain anonymous. M.C. told me what she wanted in the Design Your Story Submission Form section and I wrote it for her. She wanted to be in an intense story with maybe a little bit of danger and some peace, possibly romance. I'll try to accommodate all of it. Hope you enjoy M.C.


John gets up from his seat and walks towards the dance floor but before he does he grabs the mystery ladies arm and leads her to the strobe lights and drunken dancers.

“No wait, wait, I can’t dance.” She says in vain as he spins her around and they begin to dance.

They move and sway to the up tempo music. John can definitely dance and his mystery partner is doing her best to keep up.

“I need you”, John says in her ear. The music pumping loud.

“What?” She said while pushing John back.

“No, not in that way. I need your help. There are men trying to kill me and I need you to distract them.” He said, talking close to her face.

Everyone around them is oblivious to John's plight. The other people on the dance floor move about the dark lighted dance space. The music is loud and lights flashing quickly in the jubilee. Their words are trying to penetrate the blaring music.

“Look, I don’t know what you think your going to do, or why your involving me, but you need to lay off the open bar buddy”, she sarcastically says.

“If I prove it to you, then will you help me?” John looks at his watch, “I only have a few hours left. I need an answer now.”

“This is crazy you know that”, she said, shaking her head and smiling. “Okay I’ll play along, prove it superman”, she announces in his ear.

John leads her off the dance floor by her hand and wades through the intermingling guests while he formulates his plan in his head. As they get closer to the exit, he spots a shadowy figure moving towards him, the only face not smiling in the crowded bunch. He quickly sits down at the nearest table.

"Quick, kiss me", he says.


"What? What?", his mystery lady asks. She has an appalled look on her face.

"Kiss me hurry!" John shouts.


He leans in and meets a little hesitation from her until his mystery guest surrenders to him and kisses him. The music plays in the background that is perfect for their moment. John opens his eyes and watches where the shadow fades away in the distance. Found him - John thinks as he continues to deeply kiss his mystery guest losing himself for the moment before she comes to her senses.

"Okay stop", she says, pushing him back. "We aren't going to have a one night stand and you aren't proving anything to me other then your so-so kissing", the kiss was just right and sent chills down her spine, but she didn't want to encourage him further.

"My right shoulder", he says to her.

"What?", she replies

"Very carefully and not too obvious look over my right shoulder and you'll see my killer." John says with confidence.

She glances over his broad shoulders.

"You mean the large man that is quickly coming this way?" She said, a scared tone to her voice.

John turns his head to look over his shoulder. The man is closing in on them fast, "yes!" He shouts.

John ducks from the grabbing hands of the large thug. The thug grabs air as he falls over the chair and into the table. John quickly pulls his new friends hand and they begin running away, looking back at the gangsters' struggle to regain himself.

As they approach the door John is approached by a staggering guest of the party who is clearly drunk. 

"Johnny, hey pal." He says slurring his speech and grabbing on to John's shoulders, stopping his momentum in his tracks.

Mr. Dent's henchman gets up off the table, while pushing the wedding plates and table cloth away. The loud shattering noise capturing the attention of the guests who all turn to see, assuming it's a guest who has had one too many.

The shadowed figure closes in fast on John who can't seem to get his drunken friend out of the way.

Whack!- a pounding noise over takes the voices of the people that are standing close to the hall entrance.

John's new girlfriend kicked the goon in the groin. She then locked her hands together and with a powerful swing, hitting the thug in the face, sending him to the ground.

John pushes his friend back and they go running out the door.

"Holy shit that was awesome!", John said laughing.

"Well you dragged me into this mess, it better be good!" She yelled as they both went running out the door.

"My car is over here", she says, both are winded from their sprint.

"No, I can't go. They're going to kill my friend. I used you," he says catching his breath, "and I am sorry. I had to draw him out of the shadows. I have to go back in and finish this", John says standing halfway between freedom and the lions den.

The moment between them is silent but the noise from the reception is all around like their special moment on the dance floor.

"You can leave with me right now and be safe", she said. The keys to her car in her hand.

"I know, but I have to go back in. Thanks for the dance and kiss even though you thought it was so-so", John said, as he turned away to head back to the reception in his attempt to alter fate.

"Hey! I didn't get your name", John said turning back to her.

"Yes you did", she said, "It's on the reservation card in your pocket."  With that comment, she gets in her car, closes the door, and drives away.

Click on the Design Your Story Submission Form link to provide some details and have your own story posted for free. Read the Be in Your Own Story link.










Christopher Fusaro. The author of Captain Imperfecto.

© copyright 2012. All rights reserved.


Also see us at www.captainimperfecto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment