Monday, July 30, 2012

Mr. Dent, Your Story Part I

You are here: Home » Mr. Dent, Your Story Part I


July 31st, 2012

M.C. wants to remain anonymous. M.C. told me what she wanted in the Design Your Story Submission Form section and I wrote it for her. She wanted to be in an intense story with maybe a little bit of danger and some peace, possibly romance. I'll try to accommodate all of it. Hope you enjoy M.C.



The wedding reception was in full swing. The beautiful bride and the groom began celebrating their new life together. The entire wedding party was on the dance floor, however the best man was not. Everyone was too drunk to notice that he was missing. He was being held in the catering kitchen. Tied to a chair after being found by Mr. Dent.

“You can’t protect him forever John”, Mr. Dent said.

“It’s their wedding day damn it.” John said, sweat glistening off his face.

“And you brought me here" ,Mr. Dent says as he walks out of the shadows and into the light," Did you think I wasn’t going to find you at your best friends wedding?"

Mr. Dent is a powerful man with powerful friends. It was because of his powerful friends that he was able to find out that John is an undercover agent for the F.B.I.

John took years to work his way up within the ranks of  Mr. Dents' organization. When Mr. Dent found out about his agent status he was going to kill John. But John made promises to him to save or at least delay Mr. Dent from killing him.

 "Do you think I'm a sentimental or compassionate man John? I can kill you and them now and still have wedding cake.” Mr. Dent said with a matter of fact tone.

“I can still get what you want but I can’t do it with my hands tied to the damn chair!” John said with frustration in his voice, while shaking his body wildly trying to loosen the grip. The tight tape would not allow him much movement beyond a few inches.

“John, John, John", Mr. Dent says while shaking his head. "You have had more then a few chances to get what I have been asking for" ,the sneer on his face can intimidate any man no matter who it was. 

"I can kill you and get it myself. I will find pleasure in killing you. But I am afraid your best friend will be a victim of your inability to keep your promises. You should have gotten it before you ran.”

“Look Mr. Dent", John begins, trying to reason with an unreasonable man, "There is no need to make this any worse for the both of us. Regardless of your powerful friends, you don’t want the heat of a dead F.B.I. agent on your hands. And I don’t want my best friend tortured. I’m already resigned to my fate. Let me change his. Please.” John is winded and the desperation is cracking his voice.

The kitchen is getting more crowed with staff and it's becoming harder and harder for Mr. Dent’s henchman to keep the kitchen staff out.

“Okay John. You get what I want and your best friend and his new bride will live. But if you cross me, then I’ll find your family and kill them too.”

One of Mr. Dent’s thugs removes a knife from his pocket. He slowly teases John with it, gliding it across his face, moving the tip of the blade down his forearms, then quickly cutting the silver tape, freeing him.

John rubs his hands over his wrists in attempt to relieve the pain from the tearing of the tape from his skin.

“Oh and John”, Mr. Dent says catching John before he walks out the door,“Don’t even think about escaping because will be waiting. You have until the end of the reception to get what I want."

John rushes to the bathroom to clean himself up. He takes off his tuxedo coat and lies it down on the bathroom counter. He stares at himself in the mirror while he turns the water faucet on.

Think John, think -his mind wondering. He pools water in the palms of his hands and splashes his face. Maybe it was his attempt to wake up from this horrible nightmare.

"They’re going to kill you anyway and your family and friends; you know this, think damn it.” John says a loud, realizing his true reality.

The water flows from the faucet as John continues to rub water onto his face. He stands there in a trance pondering his next move. His mind running rampant - If only didn't bargain with Mr. Dent when I was confronted about being an agent. If I didn't throw my friend under the bus by using his life to barter my own. But he surely he would have killed me then. I have to get those wiretaps from him. But how? I could just ask him but he won't hand them over, if hasn't turn them in already.

John reaches over and grabs his jacket and puts it back on, adjusts his bow tie and looks at his watch.

“About three hours”, he says.

Leaving the bathroom behind, John walks to the edge of the hallway and stops at the threshold that crosses over into the dining area. He begins to survey the dance floor and crowd. He's trying to locate anyone who might be associated with Mr. Dent that may be watching his every move. His eye catches a girl sitting at a table by herself. She was very pretty, petite, black hair, olive tone. She was just his type. But he wasn't looking for a date.

“Anyone sitting here?” He asked, tapping on the lonely girls shoulder while she sat quietly.

She turns around and confronts him, "Of course there is, it's a wedding we have assigned seating.” She retorted with a quick quip.

“Well”, John says while looking about the table for the reservation card. “Okay, hi, I’m Miss. Hurst.” Leaning over and grabbing the reservation card and placing it in his pocket as he takes a seat.

“Look”, the petite female said, “I’m not a bridesmaid and I am not looking for a date or to get married, hell I don’t even want to dance. I just want to sit here and wait until this miserable thing is over.”

“Well I can make it interesting you know" John says while drinking from a glass that had already been placed at the table.

“Oh yea? And how is that.” She said taking a sip from her champagne glass.

John gets up from his seat, walks towards the dance floor but before he does he grabs the mystery ladies arm and leads her to the strobe lights and drunken dancers.

“No wait, wait, I can’t dance.” She says in vain as he spins her around and begins to dance.











Christopher Fusaro. The author of Captain Imperfecto.

© copyright 2012. All rights reserved.


Also see us at www.captainimperfecto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment