Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hi Mama. Bye Mama

You are here: Home » Hi Mama. Bye Mama.



June 26, 2012

Hi mama. Bye, mama.

And so it goes. Up the street, hi, mama, down the street, bye, mama. The boys know where they can find mommy. It's just down the road, a path we take every day. Everywhere we go. We go with the flow.

Hi mama. Bye, mama.

It always starts the same, the familiar path of the road the boys have become accustomed to. It doesn't matter what we do; we will always pass right on through; regardless of how we travel, mom will always be on their left or their right. She's never too far out of sight.

Hi mama. Bye, mama.

The boys anticipate the car ride. They look on either side as we drive by, seeking a clear view of their mama to be seen through. They eagerly await with no other thought on their plate. They are just waiting for the moment to see their number one visually.

Hi mama. Bye, mama

We are getting closer now; they look at Dad, their pal. Their smiles reach from ear to ear, knowing the time is near. It doesn't matter if it happened before because they know it will happen again. Their mom is just outside our path and will always be there to last, as long as our drive is to pass forever, where she hibernates.

Hi mama. Bye mama

The road is long, and the boy's eagerness overtakes anything their dad can say to calm them down and make them meditate. She's about to pass on our right; the boys can hardly wait as they bounce around in their seats like ants in their pants; their moment seems so sweet. Their mama standing by, I know, to greet her boys, one by one, as she waits for their hugs and squeezes their cheeks. It'll make their day so complete.

Hi mama. Bye mama

Just on the right, we pass the cemetery, her final resting place in sight; my boys know exactly where to look, her final spot high enough to overlook, the very place we will pass right through in our minivan. The car she loved when she took our boys on their fun, never expecting days like this.

Hi mama, Bye mama

We drive right by the cemetery, and I turn to say "hi" and bow my head as my boy's voices are overheard saying, "Hi, mama." the car begins to get some separation as their mom fades off in the distance, the boys look back and together say, "bye mama." but not for too long because we have to drive home and see her again. Another time for my boys to see their mom and tell her how truly missed she is.

Hi mama. Bye, mama.










Christopher Fusaro. The author of Captain Imperfecto.

© Copyright 2024 Captain Imperfecto, LLC. All rights reserved. This material may not be republished, rewritten or redistributed without permission.  Please contact if you would like to re-publish in film, television or print. 


Also see us at www.captainimperfecto.com

17 comments:

  1. Once of the most moving posts ever. (( Hugs ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, one of the most moving posts I have read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a terrific Dad you are! And I know you were an amazing husband just by how you are with your sons. Keeping their Mom's memory alive, allowing them their memories. I am sure it is VERY hard on you, but you'll never be sorry! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So moving, so wonderful that they get to say hi everyday and keep her memory alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My.

    If I may encourage you....the empty and broken will take on new meaning...

    And, if I may pray...consider it done.

    Thank you for your transparency, I am undone...

    Kari~

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an amazing writer...brought tears to my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saludos desde Argentina!! I can't imagine your pain...but you really show us how to love and care...you are an example of father and your boys will return that love every day... A big big hug for all of you and keep doing what you feel. Romy (romiaguilarbianchi@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep strong brother, there may be Darker days ahead, but always remember that and is still with you in spirit, you just have to listen a little harder.

    I will pray for you and your family

    Love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you every one. I was taken a back when they said Hi as we drove by the cemetery. I pulled over at a gas station and wrote this on the spot. Thank you for reading from the bottom of my heart.

    Chris and the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As my heart breaks for you I am also inspired Praying for you ! Thank you so much for using your story to change the world one person at a time especially me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure she says 'hi' back to you and your kids. God bless you all!

    Love and prayers from the Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Truly touching. God Bless all of you! Your children are extremely lucky to have you as their father.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would say "dont try to forget, embrace all you had with her"Breath all of it in even if you cry, scream or beg God for a reason why. Love never ends. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  14. We love in so many ways and its all good! Thanks for sharing! dd

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sending hugs and prayer and supportive energy to you and your sons as you travel this long and winding and hurt and confusing road. I have no words to express my sympathy for your losses. Please, hang in there. I'd tell you it will get better, but I don't know that for sure. I can only tell you it will be worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your poor boys.. god bless u all

    ReplyDelete