Friday, August 3, 2012

Take Over, Your Story Part I

You are here: Home » Take Over, Your Story Part I



R.T. wants to remain anonymous. R.T. used the Design Your Story Submission Form section and told me he wanted a sci-fi story. He let me run with it and I ended up with a series here. So, here is part I, I hope you enjoy R.T. and thanks for your submission. It keeps me busy and I love connecting with my readers and subscribers!


*Warning some content, me be disturbing to some


Take Over, Your Story Part I

"It wasn't the bright light of death. Hell, I wish it was. Death would have been the best alternative for what they had done to me. I was awake the whole time. They turned me inside out, searching for how a man's soul works. They dissected my body piece by piece. The aliens pulled off my inner layers and rebuilt me until my inner was back in and my outer was back out. They didn't care if I was in pain. They ignored my screams, my fear. And then they brought me back.

DO YOU THINK I'M CRAZY! That's their plan. Don't you see? They planned this. They were exploring me. Trying to see what we are made of. How we function. They kept me alive to tell you. To warn you! They are planning an attack! Don't you get it! They take pleasure in this. They want my warnings to instill fear in you!"

"Whatya think, sheriff?" Robert asked.

"I think he believes it. That's what I think." Sheriff Don Blake replied.

Sheriff Blake was involved in law enforcement his whole life. The third-generation lawman and the first-time sheriff of the county, preceding his dad, who retired, Sheriff Blake was a simple man who relied on his gut and senses to make up his mind on difficult situations.

"Robert, keep him locked in that cage until morning. Will get him to the doctor first thing," Sheriff Blake said, relaxed and calm.

"I'm gonna ride back out to where Tommy found him and see what the hell Ed was doing out in the middle of nowhere," the sheriff said as he grabbed his hat and walked out the door.

He stops suddenly, "And Bobby, Leave him be."

"Yeah, yeah, no problem, sheriff, " Robert says, nodding.

The sheriff gets in his car and drives to the town's far outskirts. He wanted to get a better look at where Tommy found Ed. Ed is the local carpenter who does odd jobs for people in town. He is rarely sober, so the town folk don't pay much mind to his goings in life. Ed should feel right at home in his jail cell because that's where he usually ends up until he sobers up. But this was different. The sheriff couldn't get one thing out of his mind before he left the parking lot; he wasn't drunk- Sheriff Blake kept thinking to himself. He decided to stop at the bookstore/library in this small town to look some things up. 

The bell rings as he opens the wood-framed glass door. "Hey, sheriff," a voice rings from behind the counter. Sheriff Blake looks around but places a face to the voice when the store owner pops his head up.

"Oh hey Ralph, do you have any books on aliens, E.T., or UFOs," the sheriff asked. He wasn't a man with minced words and found it better to get to the point.

"Mostly in the fiction area, sheriff," Ralph replied. "Seeing UFO's out there, are we?"

"Well, Ralph, I just wanted to see why it always seems like these damn aliens decide to pick on us nice country folk," the sheriff said with a smile and a quick chuckle.

"Hmm, I'll tell ya, sheriff, I have a book from a woman who was abducted some years ago. I couldn't quite make it out for fiction or nonfiction but found it pretty interesting", Ralph said.

He has owned this bookstore for years; if anyone knew what was in that cluttered place, it was him. Ralph grabs the book and hands it to the sheriff, "Go on, sheriff, take it. It's been sitting here for years."

"Thanks, Ralph," the sheriff said. "I'll give it back later."

The sheriff tipped his hat and walked out the door, thumbing through the pages. He then walked back to his police car.

Back at the station, Robert was dealing with Ed's constant yelling. He knew he wasn't supposed to bother him, but he didn't know how much more he could take.

The sheriff sat in the car and began to skim the book's pages. A woman claimed that she was abducted herself and explained more candidly than Ed as to what they did to her. Some of the similarities to Ed's story were eerie.

"I was pulled through a bright light like the heavens opened up and sucked me through time and space. I blanked out, off and on, and couldn't decipher what was real or fantasy.

All around me were strange beings I had never seen before, not on earth. They begin to poke and prod at me. I was turned over on my stomach. I then felt a weird sensation, like cutting into my spine. It sent chills up my back. I could feel the tiny prickles of sensation vibrating my body. I would shake violently, but it wasn't my own body doing it. It was "them". I felt my body rise from the table. I was in the air, feet first, as my head dangled downward. I then felt a pull of my hair as they flipped me forward and right side up. I was standing then, but I could not move. When the alien moved from my field of vision, I was horrified by what I saw. They had detached my spine from my body. I removed it like a zipper and took my head off with it. My sensations were still there because my head was still attached to my spine. They hooked me on a device that went through my brain, retracting my memory like files in a filing cabinet. I watched them turn my body inside out and remove it layer by layer, only to rebuild it on a table next to me. I screamed in horror while my bloody heart was still beating, but they seemed unmoved. I can only imagine they were trying to figure me out. But why?"

The sheriff wondered where she lived as he thumbed through the book, trying to get more information on the author. He couldn't locate an exact location. He could only surmise from her description in the book that she was captured in a desolate place. A lot like Ed was. Sheriff Blake could only assume that the more desolate the place was, the less likely they, the aliens, would be spotted. But why choose who they chose to experiment on?


1,066 words


Click here to read Take Over, Part II










Christopher Fusaro. The author of Captain Imperfecto.

© copyright 2012. All rights reserved.


Also see us at www.captainimperfecto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment