Thursday, April 30, 2020

Voices

You are here: Home » Voices


Nico and Christoper masking up during this unprecedented time. April 18, 2020.



We all have a voice that should be heard. I suppose it’s alright to have music speak for us when at times we can't find the words that best expresses the way we are feeling.  But we shouldn't hide behind those musical words.  A person should speak up about their feelings and let it be known if something makes them feel right inside their soul and also speak out when something in their life has gone wrong. 

During this pandemic people can hide behind their masks and speak without their lips being seen moving.  If a voice is heard but the mouth isn't seen moving.  Did the statement that was made ever exist?  Point is don't feel brave to speak up because now you have a mask hiding your feelings.  You might as well stay hidden behind you online avatar. 

My children provoke me to use my voice to speak out.  "stop fight with your brother."  "What did you just say?"  "You better not say that again!"

I also use my voice to command an active police scene that is fluid and dynamic.  "Don't move!"  "Get on the ground!"  "I don't want a donut!"  "Yes, I do." 

My point is that I know when to use my voice when need be.  The tone, the inflection, the happiness or sadness in tone is as prevalent as an emotion written all over my face.  I suppose poker players know how to hide their facial cues best. 

There really isn't a reason to hide or guard the way you feel.  Of course, one is better off to heed the old saying, "if you have nothing good to say, don't say it at all."  And that may be the best advice to give someone.  I wish more people on the Internet believed in that statement.  But you won't have to apologize for voicing your opinion on something positive.  

One’s voice is their true self.  There is no arguing against who said it and why.  Sure, we can regret what we say, but we can always use our voice to ask for forgiveness.  I don't think we use our voices to apologize enough when we are wrong.  

I may not be an artist and express myself with an art piece or have the tune to belt out a song that would best describe what I'm going through.  But I do have a voice to vent out my frustration about our current situation and tell you that I am right here with you through this COVID-19 scare.  And if there is one thing, I can assure it that I will lend my voice to support you through your hard times and scary feelings and say everything is going to be okay.  


Take care of yourself through this difficult time. 


Captain Imperfecto and family on a road trip around Lake Okeechobee. (just a drive) March 29, 2020.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment