Sunday, April 28, 2019

Tiny Packages

You are here: Home » Tiny Packages

Christopher, Blake and Nico, April 13, 2019 photo shoot.


April 28, 2019


I’m a dad, again. My 2 other boys were born 10 years ago so I don’t recall if I’m doing fatherhood differently in these early stages of my newest sons young life. These tiny packages are so fragile.

The thought of Nico and Christopher being the size of Blake, amazes me. Both those boys are in the full swing of youth. Their legs are getting longer. Feet are bigger. Arms are stretching. And they throw each other around as if they are constantly on some kind of trampoline. But this new tiny package can fit in a shoe box. His hands are dwarfed by the size of my hands. My fingers clumsily play with his fingers. His feet disappear in my palms. His heart is housed in that tiny chest. And every time it beats I fall in love over and over again.

I’m 6 foot 3 inches tall. I imagine him reaching beyond my height. Having a size that will move the air with his long gait. But this isn’t a necessity or a wish list for size and strength. I’m simply saying that I want him to be better than me in size, health, strength, ability and any definition of a man currently.

I’m not isolating masculinity as a sole trait as a measurement to their manhood or containing their personality to these specific characteristics of what I feel the definition of a man should be.  Simply put, all parents want their kids to be better than themselves, period.  Whatever these 3 young boys become I want them to have grace and humility.

Being humans, Blake, Nico and Christopher are going to be fallible and will question everything I present to them.  And as their dad, I will guide them through their questions about how things are, what problems can be solved and what makes life the way it is with honesty, and utilizing a philosophical approach.  Society will dictate what we deem as social norms and expect everyone to conform to those ideals.  I won’t facilitate what society deems correct by pigeonholing them to one ideology.

These tiny packages are going to grow and be the future as I, and this current generation, recede from our spot and replaced by younger bodies, better ideas, and larger dreams.

And as my tiny packages evolves from baby, toddler, kid, teenager and manhood.  My hope is that I cultivated the three into well-rounded, ready for the world, focused human beings. My job is to massage that brain of theirs into thinking that they’re confident, strong, brave, good looking, having a good heart, confident, good listeners, the best, number 1, and winners.  At least that’s what I hope to unwrap from these tiny packages.




Captain Imperfecto enjoying some Cuban rum and cigar. 



© copyright 2019 Captain Imperfecto, LLC. All rights reserved.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment