Monday, April 30, 2018

Conversations

You are here: Home » Conversations




Nico (left) and Christopher celebrating Nico's 10th birthday party while ice skating. (February 24, 2018)




April 30, 2018

This table is a gift that allows me a perch of an unobstructed view of everyone seated and the best acoustics to pinpoint exact conversations.  Hey, don't judge me for saying that!  I'm doing the judging.  It's like an open forum anyhow.  This isn't a library where they require you to whisper.  My point is that these conversations allow me to relate to other people because it demonstrates that we all have the same problems, hopes and dreams. 

Case in point.  A woman can't decide on what kind of dining room furniture she wants.  She has been consumed by this for months!  Her conversation showed me how consumed with my decisions on new furniture too and demonstrates how nauseating I have been.  Like really, who cares! 

What I mostly love this spot is that I have the perfect advantage point to witness the conflict that I can relate to.  Conversations and coffee go hand and hand.  It is the perfect mixture of cream, sugar and chaos mixed all into one!  All around me people talk about life, love and politics.

Hot, cold, frozen, espresso, cappuccino, dark, and hazel. 

Damn, the things they can do with a coffee bean.  Coffee has come a long way from watching my dad place ice cubes in his coffee cool it down.  I wonder if a person overheard that conversation I had with my dad with a child when I told him that was gross.  My dad could have invented iced coffee! 

Life has the same variety that coffee now offers.  Life comes in the flavors of:

Love, hate, hope, prayer, work. Just to name a few.  

Scientist can manipulate a coffee bean like a hydroponics lab!  I wish life could be as simple as the choice between regular or decaf.  Conversations float around in this place like the whip cream bouncing around the inside of the plastic dome lid of my Frappuccino. 

I am tired of all this coffee talk. This conversation is boring.  So let us move on from this subject and turn to more pressing issues.  I think we should make the world a better place and agree through our next conversation should be about how the Boston Cream is a pretty damn good donut.  Maybe the best donut of all.  Now thats a conversation I would like to be a part of.  

This table at my favorite coffee house has the best spot for me to listen to the different conversation going on.  I suppose you can say, "well that is eavesdropping!"  But in all fairness people aren't exactly whispering their highly sensitive secrets over a latte! 


The conversations are as good as a caramel macchiato. I do my best to sort it all out in order to isolate the best conversation.  Don't grind my coffee please.  Let me dissect the ones I want.  At times I wish I could pour just one conversation without much work much like an order of hot coffee black.   











Captain Imperfecto enjoying the Miami Dolphins draft party. (April 26, 2018)


© copyright 2018 Captain Imperfecto, LLC. All rights reserved.






No comments:

Post a Comment