Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tis' the Season

You are here: Home » Tis' the Season


Nico and Christopher enjoying time with Santa at the mall on Friday December 15, 2017.


December 19, 2017

Tis’ the season to be joyful fa, la, la, la, at least for some. Other people sleepwalk through the Christmas lights and holiday music. As if none of the seasonal festivities existed. And many people stress out over every little detail hoping that their fairy tale Christmas comes true. You know what would make my fairy tale Christmas come true? Snow.

When I walk around the heated streets of South Florida the Christmas song I wail out is, “let it snow, let it snow, let it now." But the closest thing to snow that many of us in South Florida will enjoy is the delicious shaved ice dessert, snow cone.

When I was a child the local mall would announce, “Snow in Florida! Come to the mall and let your kids play!” But all that crushed ice resembled was a large snow cone that was dumped in the middle of parking lot. I’m pretty sure that yellow snow wasn’t lemon flavoring.

People who live in the north and endure winter weather will think I’m crazy for wanting such an icicle time. But my argument to you northerners is to come to Florida in August and watch yourself melt. It isn’t a pretty sight.

I don’t mind the ridicule of snowbirds who mock me when I have a scarf on and jacket when the Florida weather dips just under 65 degrees. My winter clothing only sees the light of day once or twice a year. A few more years then it will be worth my time to wash it.

I don’t do many fun filled beach activities like surfing, kite boarding, scuba diving, water walking, sand castle making, fish watching, or whatever. But I do believe I'd be a ski bum if I lived near a ski resort. I would get my annual ski pass and hit the slopes naked if I knew I wouldn’t die of frostbite. Or arrested.

Many people who live up north pray for a white snowy Christmas. It seems so romantic. Like the end of the movie, A Christmas Story. Sipping wine, or gin and juice, and enjoying the snow fall like a summer monsoon. Yup, that’s for me.

Unfortunately, for now, I will have to run north and enjoy the cold and snow when the winter times arrive. Sadly, due to work I won’t be moving to any snowy mountains anytime soon. At least for now.


Tis’ the season to be jolly. Where anything can happen. When the magic of Christmas arrives.  Sadly however when you live in Florida you can pretty much bet that snow won’t be happening. Fa- la- la - la, eh, Bah humbug.


Captain Imperfecto enjoying the jacuzzi and a Cohiba. December 15, 2017.



© copyright 2017 Captain Imperfecto, LLC. All rights reserved.






No comments:

Post a Comment