Friday, December 29, 2017

2017 New Year's Resolution

You are here: Home » 2017 New Year's Resolution


Boys having fun before seeing Santa Claus. December 15, 2017.


December 29, 2017


Well, if nothing tragically happens to me in the next few days, like death. I have lived out another year. Goodbye 2017 and now onto the year, 2018.  Let the champagne flow into my champagne flute and may the confetti rain down upon on me as if I was swinging on a pole at some sordid strip club. Let the New Year’s resolutions commence.

Wow, 2018 is here and only two more years until this decade come to a close. It is already hard fathom a year coming to a close. As evident by the comments we hear at least half the year gone, “Man can you believe it’s Halloween already. Wow, Thanksgiving already? Damn, it’s Christmas.”

But I’m even more taken a back when the decade is nearing its expiration. At least I will be able to review it again when VH1 plays the television show, “I Love the 2010’s.” 10 years nearly gone. That is more dramatic than closing a year, like 2017!

What is great about this moment of my life, in this time, right here in this very second, during each key stroke of this sentence I can be thankful that all of my family and friends made it through the past year as well. For that, I’m grateful because if you have seen any news stories this year or have lost a dear loved one, you know all too well that it is hard to make it during a full year.

Reflecting back on the past year I know we will be showered with montages of famous people who died. Tom Petty, John Heard, Bill Paxton, just to name a few that had an impact on me during my lifetime, in some-sort-of-way.

But we should not forget about the horrific deaths in #LasVegas #Route91, The #Charlottesville Heather Heyer, #Texaschurchshooting, #FortLauderdaleairport shooting, #LincolnCountyshooting.

They say it’s good to age like fine wine. Aged to perfection and enjoyed once we maximize our peak. We will be wiser and have much more insight into life. Pop the cork, let it breathe and then chug what life is offering because you’re a wise older person. So with that sentiment in mind I do my best to live in the moment and taking sips of my aged wine and enjoy the fruits of my labor. I'm still honoring my 2017 New Year's resolution since it isn't over yet! 

When I’m not being narcissistic about where I am in this life. In this moment. At this second. I reflect on the family and friends who I lost in the past decades. Just years ago I could hug my grandmothers, talk to my friend, or have the birth mother of my children here to see those 2 boys grow. It is sad. Did I say wine? On second thought pass the whisky this nostalgia is killing me.

As another decade encroaches and with another New Year’s just days away from closing out 2017. I will live day by day and be grateful that I can talk to the ones here who also made it out of 2017. Trust me, there is nothing more hard on your emotions than talking to someone today and then they are gone forever the next day. What will make it much harder is a year from now when you reflect on the closing of 2018 you will not believe how normal things were in 2017 and how your whole life changed in an instant because you lost someone. All you will want to do it go back to the days when life seemed simple. Good health and good fortune is paramount to happiness. Good health and good fortune go hand and hand.

Closing out 2017 with sips of champagne is a fitting end to what you accomplished during the year. You will make yourself a New Year resolution about losing weight, quitting smoking or some other vice, or just being a better person. But when 2017 closes and you enter the golden gates of 2018 just make one resolution. Love, live and enjoy 2018 with your family friends until the last day of the year. You never know what is lurking in the months ahead and who you will remember the most because you miss them so much. The good thing is you can hug them and tell them you love them this very second. Happy New Year 2017. My resolution is still in effect until the very last day. And I resolve to live out 2018! Cheers! Here's to good things. 


**I know some people were distraught during 2017. Whether is was political, or emotional people didn’t enjoy this past year. But always remember. Your life matters to you more than anyone. Make your life a happy one because YOU are in control of that. 




Captain Imperfecto enjoying life. December 27, 2017



© copyright 2017 Captain Imperfecto, LLC. All rights reserved.






No comments:

Post a Comment