Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

You are here: Home » Decisions, Decisions

Left to right: Nico, Captain Imperfecto and Christopher on Finding Nemo, Epcot 


July 16th, 2013

Decisions, decisions, decisions. We all have to make them almost everyday of our lives. At times we just have to make the most simple of decision: 

My sons are going to school today. 

To the hard mental decisions: 

I am, going to the gym today. 

And maybe argue with that decision: 

No, you’re not. Yes, I am. Maybe, I’ll go. Ugh, I don’t know, it’s getting late. Well if I go to the gym today, I already know I can’t go tomorrow because of work, so then, it’ll be a waste of time to go today, so I’ll go when I can go on consecutive days. Okay, settled. NO GYM. Ugh! I feel fat, gym maybe. 

Other times decisions about food can complicate life, especially at a restaurant:

Oh, I love the lobster raviolis! What’s this I’m reading? A fucking calorie total at the end of the food description!? 

Moving to the sensible decision: 

What’s on the low carb menu, oh chicken, “ the chicken has mango salsa is fresh and tangy... I like mangos. But I love lobster. Why the hell is that calorie counter there next to this delicious ravioli description? Who the hell made this menu? It’s an Italian restaurant, all food is fatting!

When I’m so tired, the decision to get up and contribute to society can make me just want to fall back to sleep.:

But I have to work. That obligation alone should prepare me to get up, yet I like to decide at the last minute when I should get up by gauging the time when I’ll walk into the office: 

Okay it’s 6:05am. If I hit snooze now, I’ll get up at 6:15, shower, dress, forget breakfast. I’ll get on the road by 7:00 am and miss the mad traffic rush that seems to happen every rush hour at exactly 7:05AM.

Or:

I could get up now without hitting the snooze button. I can shower, get dressed, eat a little something, and leave well before the 7:05 traffic rush. And, I would get to work with a little time to spare to linger in the break room. Sounds like a plan!

Hmm, however though:

If I skip the shower, I can stop on my way into work and get a breakfast sandwich at Dunkin Donuts. No, no time for Dunkin. I could run into the store right next to the office building and grab a Redbull. 

Sweet!

Hmm but I would like to shower. 

It wakes me up. I could just sleep, up until the very last minute. Then my common sense section of my brain will kick in. It will automatically compel me to get up, without thinking, without decisions. It will force me to get dressed. And go, straight to work. 

Ugh, these decisions!

I need to find the motivation without thinking about having to decide what motivates me to get my ass in gear. The only situation that does that is my children. My kids motivate me. I do everything for them without thinking. It’s second nature. Eat / food. Sleep / bed. Dirty / shower. Bored / play. Hurt/ love. Angry/ love. Sad/ love, even more. Maybe I can bottle that up.

I think if I pray more, maybe that will motivate me. But I can’t decide if I want to be religious. 

I grew up religious. I woke up every Sunday and went to Catholic mass. I believe in god. But I can’t decide if that’s where I’m now in my life. So the decision to pray will be left to Saturday night lotto drawings, for now. Or maybe not. Who knows. I should pray, always. 

What if I send a chain email that one email that reads, “I will have the power of decision if I email this to 10 friends.”

Don’t worry, I do know my kids will learn about religion, but when? Okay, moving on. I think. I can’t decide.

There is so much going on in my life. I have so much to do and no time to do it. There just isn’t enough hours in the day. Unless, I move into overtime and do what I need to do during normal sleeping hours. But then I would lack sleep. I’ll just be more direct in my decision making to cut those hours. 

Hopefully that will minimize the time into the minutes I need to be productive.That’s it, I’ll do what I need to do, at the moment I have to do it in. But, that could change. I mean, what if I have to choose a different time to replace the hour of something I no longer need in that moment. How do I decide what to replace it by?

That last paragraph was just filler, because I can’t decide when to end this blog. 




The Adventures of Captain Imperfecto is a registered copyright, 2012-2013
"All rights reserved"



Creative Commons License

The Adventures of Captain Imperfecto/Born Again by Christopher P. Fusaro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at christopherfusaro.blogspot.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment